Sunday, October 11, 2009

getting ready to travel and a pretty evening

Packing to go to China is not a small undertaking, you ought to try it. Three bags are going. each weighs 50 pounds, the carry on weighs 25, my back pack with computer will weigh over 10, I do not travel light. Patt and I set up house keeping with less when we moved to Wilkesboro in 1972 or 73. Anyway it is fun.. We sorted and set aside and re packed and weighed and took out and re packed and weighed and so on. Taking lots of clothes for kids, toys, and such. The challenge is going to be changing terminals Beijing. The bus between terminals and getting to it on it and being correct is going to be a treat. I may end up in Mongolia. I will let you know

Other wise I am on my way to see some Grandchildren -- Patt will be going another day. She is OK with that - really ( i think)




prior to getting ready for travel on Saturday evening Eric and I went to watch the Deacons put a whoopin' on Maryland on a picture perfect evening -- I mean it was awesome evening. Arnold Palmer was there so we had good company, and we had over 500 yards offense - that is a lot for any of my nieces who may not know - and it was fun to watch it be us who were doing the accumulating of such high numbers - having been to games where that much had been amassed before (just not by us). Ah - the glory years and a glorious evening as the sunset attests.



fall is pretty in North Carolina.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot to travel and take with you. I recognize some of the shoes and clothes!! HAve a safe trip and I can't wait to see and hear the stories of your travels!! Love JUlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for packing a few ounces, maybe a pound from us! Have fun and safe travels.
    love, susan

    ReplyDelete