Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ocean Isle




Friday afternoon, as mentioned in the review of White Swan, Patt and I were on the way to the beach, Ocean Isle in particular to join Mark and Marie at their place.  Only the weather and beach were gray and cloudy as we had a most delightful time.  and the beach and weather was indeed gray.  



Both Friday evening and again Saturday mornings we went for long walks along the beach to the extreme west end of the island (that would be Mark, Marie and Patt there leaving me behind as I  was marveling at the beach erosion as documented in the following photo


These guys have got some serious underpinning yet to do with the next high tide and full moon, not to mention storm.  and best I recall, those steps are pretty inexpensive. (ask Charles )


Eric and Barb were coming down on Saturday as Patt and I had to return to Raleigh and our time overlapped for the afternoon and Andrew came down from Wilmington and we did have a great time playing cards, visiting and in general having a fun afternoon at the beach.  Marie.s rule for game time of only "encouraging comments"  allowed was followed in scrupulously and to the letter (if not ins spirit).


No comments:

Post a Comment