
Matt, Patt, the kids and I went on a trip to a near-by mountain-tourist destination. We drove a couple of hours on an interstate limited access toll highway that was very nice. There were rest areas that were the nicest I have ever seen. Think the one in Maryland on I-95 that is between the north south lanes- only larger, cleaner, newer, and a very different variety of stuff for sale. Tour buses and other travelers were of course stopping and guess what created a stir. (bear with me on this blogging, I am using Laura's computer - mine is not yet able to penetrate all the security necessary to use a "social" page yet.
one of the things that always impresses me about this place is the combination of old and new. These construction carts were just along the side of the path at a building being renovated. I thought they were interesting - also seen on the tourist path were porters with huge loads on their back carrying supplies up to the vending, service areas in the national park we were visiting.
The girls braved the second half of a swinging bridge by themselves. (would have loved to have heard their conversation - they started out not holding hands) -- the bridge had a swinging bounce to it as you walked, even for the kids.
Matt, Patt and Isaac were apt watchers of the girls, (me too)
And no mountain hike (well walk) is complete without a stop for a snack. one of the snacks purchased at this overlook contained the following - "product name: strange taste horsebean ( deep fry food) ingredients: housebean, white granulated sugar, edible oil, edible salt, montasodium glutamate, spice, Food additive tartrazine" and that was that -- actually the kids liked them better than me. A biscuit type cookie I preferred, perhaps because the bag had not English on it. Anyway for you players of scrabble, horsebean is a word, and a content of food packaging along with edible oil - which I much prefer to the other types for my food.
Patt hardly has any ears left, they have been talked off. Amazing how many words come at us, especially the Grandmama.





We're cooking up a mess of horsebean for supper tonight. Oh, and edible oil also.
ReplyDeleteWalking across a swinging bridge by themselves. What brave little girls!
OH, what fun!! Hi to Matt, Laura and the kiddos.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun time! Rope swing into that river next time???? Love hugs and kisses all around!
ReplyDelete