Yes we caught fish-- and from the size of the hook, shown below, we were not fishing for little ones either. No sir ree bob. We were after the big 'uns.
and we got a "good sized tuna" I thought it was a big tuna, but I was ill informed. This is Captain Andrew, Cappy or Andy or Andrew. Stephen said I would like him -- I did. He was very interesting and quite a character, but I guess you all sorta expected that. I did too and I was not disappointed.
the captain, pulled in this tuna on a thin line, believe it or not, after quite a classic -- at least in my opinion, one of those wind up the line affairs while the fish tries not to be wound up. Apparently this thin line thing was a big deal.
The boat was often piloted by the beautiful Victoria and Jennifer, who certainly helped out the overall appearance of the crew- also the back of Drew.
Stephen caught this mahi-mahi, he too, did a lot of winding and such as the fish really did not want to be in the boat or brought close to the boat.
Stephen on lookout duty
Nel, from South Africa and possessor of somewhat of a good sense of humor and dry wit, in a pose seen often, but futile I might add. He did not catch a fish, -- nor did I (I did lose one tuna or something as at one time we had several lines humming or zinging or something) nor did Drew, nor either of the women boat pilots. So those of you who guessed two guessed right on the quiz game for number of fish caught. The reason we caught so few is obvious to all who knew I was going. It was because I was going. I have never been on a trip where fish in significant number were caught, and so there was no need for it to start now.
the next post - part three of the fishing trip will be of one of the real high lights of the trip. One of those I am holding a panda type moments. And I got some photos too.
not sure when it will be as I am off to El Valle, the delayed trip.





Great post - be sure and send Julianna, Lydia and Isaac extra photos of you and that mahi mahi - pretty impressive. Even if you didn't catch it you got to hold it for the camera! Love you bunches!
ReplyDeletenow we are really curious.... looking forward to part three of the fishing trip.
ReplyDeleteplus i hear you had a nice quiet bus ride up to el valle. looking forward to some tips on how to make the best of nasty public transportation - and was Rambo IV on the DVD player at max volume, that's a personal favorite here :)