Sunday, May 8, 2016

little trip to Jamaica—Kingston and Ocho Rios


Sometimes I get just plain lucky. Stephen had a work trip planned and yes I didn't mind at all going along.  Shared the room, meals and Jamaica was a tough work trip as is evident from the photos.  Below is Stephen and his "agent", island, or country contact, who does research for him on the debtors at our hotel in Ocho Rios. Previous night in Kingston — some days do resemble work- even for Stephen. 


His agent's driving habit in my opinion did need some improvement. Texting and talking on the phone while driving in Jamaican traffic while according to him was not illegal - in my opinion - not required, was not advisable.


Stopped at a scenic overlook on the way across the island - south to north to Ocho Rios.


Rural houses were a lot nicer looking than most of the houses in town that I saw.


That block of trees on the right is where I spent some time while Stephen was away meeting with debtors. I was meeting with the inside of my eyelids and reading a bit of a magazine.


View back from the water, not such a great place to swim as lots of pretty thick seaweed in spots with crabs and such directly in front of our hotel. Appeared not to be so further down the beach though.


Just to the left of our hotel, another big resort.


Scotches, home of rather famous jerk chicken and pork. This is the chef, showing off the pork. I had some cut from the piece to the far right and it was delicious. Very moist, soft, rich flavor, crusty on the outside. With white sweet potato and jerk chicken, a fine Jamaican meal.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see there is some 'work' involved on all your trips! Lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a way to enjoy time on a "work" trip. The food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete