-
This is a two in one review—and both names of these restaurants are made up, as I can not remember them despite my best efforts. Charles or Linda do know though so you can ask them if ever on Penang Island and looking for one of these.
The first I’ll call on the sea-side or Paramount because I think that is the name of the hotel next to it . Looking from our table out to the water way between the island and the mainland. – beach just beyond our table, and you can see we did have a good table.
The food was great too. I forget what all we had but I think the crispy noodles were my favorite from this place. The satay was also very very good.
Now this one I am calling Open daily Thai (you will figure that out next pic) – It is on top of a mountain looking out over the Indian Ocean or Andaman Sea depending on the level of detail of your globe/map or whatever. The chicken Linda and I are with is exactly that – a large plaster chicken –And the chicken was far from the only somewhat really special art on display. Check out the ants with Charles, -- there were all sorts of animals and other really special efforts at decoration.
I particularly liked this large clock. Yes the numbers are made using blue painted tires. The view of this was from one of the many dining areas- which were really overlooks. There were lots of “recycled” tires used in planters, as walkway borders and such. You really have to be there to appreciate it all. And I did not document nearly all the cheap, and some not so cheap, plaster, plastic, tin, rubber, and other works of are present. I think Dad would have really liked it. and my nieces who are such students of art.
The meal was great. Especially the deep fried whole fish – covered in a sweet sauce. Also had a very good Thai omelet. – a night time trip would be a treat assuming half the lights and light strings work at this place. This photo does not do justice to the view of the ocean and rice fields below --- it was smokey overcast due to the burning of the fields and crop lands in Indonesia.
Getting there was up – then down this really steep drive. In the distance – again not very clearly showing up in the picture are rice fields and the beach in the distance. This is a very undeveloped portion of the island.







Dad would have loved those restaurants! He loves dining with a view. And as a "student of art," I'm sure I would have loved it too!
ReplyDelete