-
Today I must have been wearing a sign saying “be nice to this guy” because I can not remember when I consistently ran across people who were so very very nice to me.
It started early when I entered this park in a nearby town (more later on getting there etc). The park is built around a lake with many little waterways is quite beautiful. There is a lot of old China type of construction in the park
They continued their Mah Jong game and thanked me for taking their photo.
These guys tried to get me to play table tennis – not a chance of that happening after watching them play for a few minutes. The guy at the far end was beating one after another opponent with wicked spin shots.
And here is the park form up top – the park is in the middle of this small town ---remember small town here means something very different from in the USA.—try basically it would be one of the largest towns in most states.
At the top I met this nice couple who, when I asked them if they would take a photo of me, – had me pose about half-a-dozen times- I liked it too.
Note the posed photo at the top of the pagoda.
Down below on one of the pathways, this man playing an ancient “fiddle” and the woman singing in accompaniment could serenade you.
And I had tea at this lakeside tea shop – (there were many tea shops around the lake). When I tried to order some food like what was on the table near me, I was invited to join the people for whom the table was set. Really it was excellent food too and I am afraid my conversation was a bit limited but they now know I have a wife, son, daughter and three grandchildren – oh and that I am retired and my name is Paul.










No comments:
Post a Comment