Friday, October 7, 2011

Restaurant Review #14- lets risk the Chicken and Rice

-


Tricks, this McDonalds  is not it.  Though they do on the occasion of Chinese New Year offer a "double-good-fortune-opportunity-burger"- I may have misremembered the name but am not far off.

 This is the place and the best name we could come up with was  the “hawkers stand at  Penang Furnishing on Burma Road".  (There are lots and lots of these little food cart areas.)  and this one is quite noted and famous -- more later on that.
It is now later ---this one is actually quite famous, at least according to brother Charles, resident  authority on matters of this type.  This place is apparently the site of food tours and subject of food and dining blogs (well, at least regarding the last part we know Charles is correct regarding his facts as of now, if not before).  Here is brother paying for our lime juice drinks.  – and on camera too.
 Our main course, chicken on rice – being prepared- note the knife.

Our food upon delivery to our table:  the aforementioned chicken on rice.


 And our desert being prepared with me posing next to the famous preparer of banana crepes.—again on Charles authority I have it.

I am ginving this place a two thumbs up or five star, which ever you measure outstanding  by – , the overhead fans even moderated the high temperature of Penang at noon some- making it quite comfortable – again in the judgement of brother Charles – I thought it was still a little on the hot side.—but then I have eaten in Riverside on court square when the A/C was on high and frost building up on the windows. – For you who quibble, the actual name of the restaurant is not Riverside, that is just what Dad always called it.

3 comments:

  1. Those lime drinks look pretty tasty! Send some over here... it's scorching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it wasn't famous before - it is now! Looks like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food looks good! Did the banana "crapes" have sweetened condensed milk on top? They serve them in Thailand and used to serve them in Kunming. I could go for one of those right now .... -Matt

    ReplyDelete