
In Boone last weekend Mark, Susan, Graham and I stopped by this health food place for breakfast. We struggled with what to order among the various choices of brans, granolas, fruits, and whole organic grains. I do not know if you can see the table below or not, but the portion sizes were small, which took some getting used to, but the nuts were a pleasant surprise.

Here is the actual menu- you get it all - no choices - you get it all -- , two kinds of gravy, three kinds of pork, eggs, two kinds of bread, stewed apples, grits, coffee, juice and plenty of water (the pork was salty)(more on that later). The family style servings were large and very very good, and we went after a clean plate club membership too. I asked for a glass of skim or low fat milk when the waitress came by on one of her frequent coffee/water refilling trips (the country ham was salty) and she offered whole milk, to which I declined, stating a preference for skim or low fat. The waitress, offered to put ice in whole milk with the comment "We don't serve anything healthy here". You will note Mark and Graham look a little satiated - they are.

Yessiree, if we are back in Boone we will be certainly be eating healthy here again- and be advised you can drink all the coffee and water you want, the bacon is really great (a little salty) and the gravy over the grits and biscuits, wow. We left the parking lot behind with this familiar sign and drove to the airport, flew 2 hours to Maryland and Graham and Susan left us - (they did not even stop by restroom prior to going to the car prior to driving home from the airport- I think I mentioned that the food was salty) - Mark and I then flew on back home. (after a trip to the room). We were looking at a two hour plane ride.
yummy. did she really say, "we don't serve anything healthy here"? that's the stuff advertising slogans are made of!
ReplyDeleteYES! Without blinking an eye she said 'we don't serve anything healthy here!' And it was so good!
ReplyDeletei think that waitress and paula deen are onto something.... -Jen
ReplyDeleteFor food to taste good you need salt, sugar, and grease, and we had all 3 in big portions.
ReplyDeletewhat no cinnamon rolls?!! Love that place!
ReplyDelete