Sunday, November 8, 2009

they are working hard at finding a new team for me

This past weekend Mark, Susan and Graham took up the challenge of finding a new team for me. Feeling my pain with the long suffering losers I had been pulling for they hauled me off to Boone and after climbing the "graduation picture" stone wall outside the old library took me to meet my new team at the stadium.

Backing up a bit -- Flying over Boone on our way to the airport we passed over the stadium and we saw the Band practicing. (I think that was arranged for me too) (The band did play Tennessee Waltz after the game -- need any more proof ? ) The mountains were sans leaves, but still dramatic and very very pretty on a very clear day.

Of course they arranged for me to meet the coach down on the field before the game though our conversation was brief we did get to chat a while.Down on the field I did get a chance to observe the pre-game warm ups and the team looked ready, the players looked large, and I was pleased with the view, I kinda like close up sometimes.
All in all it was a favorable way to begin the day. Our seats were pretty good too. They were in a skybox up there over my right shoulder. The skybox came complete with cold beverage of choice, (you can imagine mine), fried chicken, all kinds of dip, chips and such, --really nice too by the way.

The opponents were the U Tenn. Chattanooga Mockingbirds and the puns on the name Mockingbirds were so thick you would have thought Atticus Finch and Scout would show up.

They did not but the ASU Chancellor did , with the play on words associated the novel did, and he was glad to meet me too.


and it turned out so as my new team whooped the Mocs pretty badly.

4 comments:

  1. This way you can still pull for the Gold & Black.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! You should have switched to App years ago!!! Looks like you guys had a great time. I am so jealous! Love JUlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entries - loved them both - need I remind you of Les Robinson?

    love you,


    SCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a fabulous day and in royal style too! One thing I really missed about my alma mater, football. UNC-G has come a long way since '93, but still no football.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete