Friday, August 19, 2016

Lake Huron

Actually this photo was taken from our deck at the B&B where we were staying in Blind River on the shore of Lake Huron - or the North Bay of the lake. 


We went to an island just off the coast to go for a hike and on the road to the trail, we saw a dark animal down the road. It stayed on the road as we slowly drove closer, ...


and finally as we got very close the young bear ran back across the road into the brush. Patt was not too enthusiastic about going very far on our hike knowing mama bear was around too.


We drove up to Lake Elliot just to the north a bit, which was one of the worlds leading mining sites for uranium at one time. It is now just sort of remote.


One reason we were in the Lake Huron area such a short time is that we took a ferry across a good part of it rather than drive around it. As we were loading I enjoyed watching people, especially this group of Mennonites. There are a lot of Mennonite farms in southern Ontario. There were a couple of boys who were fun to watch too as they explored around the ship. (I walk all over a ferry boat so I happen to see others who do the same.)


As obvious in the above photo it was a rainy day and at times quite stormy. As we crossed part of the lake the high (?) front proceeded us here in this photo pushing the rain out of the way.  


So as we got closer to land the lighthouse was visible and not just a light.


and the wind really got fierce, which I enjoyed. Patt took these pictures out of the window in the lounge. I was one of the few who would walk out into the wind. The boys and one of two other men were about it. I also liked looking at the waves being kicked up by the ship. Lots to do on a ferry.


just checking to make sure we are going the right direction.  We were.


1 comment:

  1. Neat picture of the front boundary! I'm with aunt patt about not going far after seeing a bear. Smart lady!!

    ReplyDelete