I believe I mentioned that there are things done at the Wheelhouse at Oak Island that have been done before. This is one of them. This is far from the first watermelon eaten on the deck in the afternoon shade.
Reading has been a major pastime at the beach of mine for many years. Something I enjoy and look forward too. Often I have with me a stack of magazines, historical epics, long novels and other "beach reads". Curious George, Cat in the Hat, Tip Tip Dig Dig, Blue Truck, Ladybug Girl and others seem to be on my list this year.
We do get in lot of card playing. I taught the girls rummy and gin rummy years ago and we enjoy playing for real — score keeping and all.
Everyone gets in on the reading — it is also a participatory sport for these two.
On occasion, Laura can get in some real magazine catch up and John Paul does his own "reading"
Matt entertains the troops minus John Paul who is roaming the house - someone best be watching somewhere.
I think I mentioned card playing, well, we start 'em young. Luke and I were working on exchanging colors and not throwing the cards. We talk, or rather he talks, a lot about his hand. He will learn not to tell what he is holding in due time.
Another day of kite flying, with the strong wind and wide beach, the kids will be spoiled for launching a kite anywhere else.
And we are getting a little bolder in the water too, with calm seas and low tide, we went out past the breakers today with the kids — they were so excited.
The crowds as you can see have really picked up — well actually they have, it is just that it is as it usually is, a pretty quiet beach.
We are eating well too. Got lots of help in the kitchen. Well on occasion— but we get help cleaning up if not in prep, so it all works out.
No comments:
Post a Comment