Wednesday, June 5, 2013

update on the tomorrow of promise



well tomorrow got here -- which actually was yesterday, and the painter did not show up, the plumber did and completed his work,  and the electrician did too and did a lot of stuff, but he needed the painter to do some plaster work and he also did not have all needed supplies so he said he would be back tomorrow meaning today but it is late in the afternoon and he is not here so perhaps it will really be tomorrow.  The electrician  did discover something that required the gas guy to have to return which he did do today.  - as promised -

did you follow all that, it is complicated -- I am so glad the private sector is so reliable and does things right the first time and gets to critique us government workers -- which the electrician did to no end.  I think he listens to Rush.

no new photos taken but here is one that I am so glad to no longer have operational.  It is of the staircase when it was covered to help control the dust and dirt from all the work.

I can not remember if I used them before of not but they were such a pain to navigate entry and exit to the stairwell and so depressing.  They were a big part of this project.



we actually ended up putting old sheets on the steps to help keep the carpet clean and not track trash up stairs.  Complain complain whine whine whine.  I need to get over it. ya think

at least this stuff is gone.


and upon review and reflection we are making incremental progress - incremental- and the painter is coming tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. like i told mom: "we are underbudget and ahead of schedule". maybe you should try your next big reno project in china :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow, tomorrow , it's only a day away!

    ReplyDelete