That is Dez Wells, a Raleigh kid at the top of the key probably about to lay a monster dunk on Duke, he certainly put enough of them on Wake earlier in the season. Duke does not handle defeat well.
Saturday morning of the third day, that is the day we "only" have two games, Stephen and I went by Meg's shop in Greensboro as Stephen had a little shopping to do for Jen. Jen should be pleased.
one of the things you do when you spend two full days at the Coliseum is by definition require a few calories. Well there are some real opportunities to acquire some too. Here are a few of the offerings.
of course BBQ
the standards, note the $7.00 hotdog, virtually free, $5.00 popcorn, also virtually free.
and who knew, "gourmet" fast food
surprise surprise "FRY FRY" but of course
After the second game on Saturday, Stephen and I drove back to Raleigh and stopped for a drive through Graham and a delightful visit and dinner with Kelly and Maddie at a restaurant on the banks of the Haw River. En route, I took Stephen on a nostalgic tour of said fair town including my old elementary school where I attended grades one through eight. My first grade year the school was a union school or all twelve grades. It had wooden, oil soaked floors- to keep the dust dow- and large windows, steam radiators, high ceilings, loud cafeteria and small gym.
and the Miami fans were few but also decked out.
they also celebrated after the game
of course Dickie V was there
Watching Miami get their trophy was fun and reminded me of watching Wake back in 94 and 95. As we were about to leave, I saw Dave Odom, coach of Wake then and told him how much we had enjoyed celebrating like that when we won. He smiled and said "thank you-it was fun". Wonder when we will win it again? I am not thinking next year.


Is it detox week after eating at all those 'fine' dining establishments?! Looks like you and Stephen had a great weekend together! Loved the posts.
ReplyDelete