-
Mark and I are in Chicago to see Emily. As is obvious, the buildings are tall, I am impressed. That is the Hancock building and the Water Tower for those of you who know these things.
and this would be the Chicago River
and this would be a demonstration outside Macy's -
not sure of the grievance but the demonstrators were loud
Next year Emily hopes to live in something like this. It is a little expensive, well actually it is quite expensive, Em expressed concern about asking her Dad about renting this for the next two years.
Mark and I said not to worry because we could hear Charles say as we have heard him say so often, "don't worry about the cost, whatever it costs does not matter, what matters is what make you happy" And Mark and I reassured Emily that we were certain that next year she would be calling this little walk up her little apartment. Em was so happy knowing that cost was no object.
Nearby is a historic site, the Biograph theater, the site of the the shooting of John Dillinger in 1934-- so you know DePaul is in a nice safe neighborhood -- now.
Also nearby was the filming --you teevee watchers should recognize this -- of Chicago Fire. Actual filming was going on while we were walking by as in lights, camera, action. Tons of trailers, police, guys standing around doing nothing and in this house lights and the action.
here is Mark and Emily and more of the stander around people associated with carrying around and fetching the TV stuff I reckon. Anyway they tied up a lot of parking spaces for big trucks full of TV filming equipment.
we had a nice afternoon and evening with Emily and seeing her university and city and getting
da Paul a DePaul hat
I like my new hat


I'm so jealous you're in Chicago! Also, they were filming at my friend's house- she just had a thing on facebook today about the filming. Keep on having fun! love the hat :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! I'm glad you and dad are so helpful in helping Emily's expectations for her living arrangements - good uncles!
ReplyDeleteEarnest uncles can be dangerous things. Their advice too. Wish I was there.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all were having fun! Helping Emi set her expectations high was a huge help I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the game too!