-
Patt gave Luke his blanket today, Luke was, well not terribly impressed. He drooled on it. This is the sixth blanket that Patt has made for grandchildren. John Paul will receive his later this week. Julianna brought out the blanket that Matt's Mom made too, so Luke was covered in tradition there for a bit.
and of course Patt has to read a "chapter " book. the kids love a "chapter" book. Patt got tired. She has not been here 24 hours yet and her day is still completely turned around.
The "mother superior" outfit that Lydia is wearing is just exactly that — "mother superior" or one of the nuns from the abby in Sound of Music, or Maria as a nun from the Sound of Music. The kids love the movie, sing the songs — Patt was sung to. The kids especially like the song "Maria" and "what are we going to do about Maria?, how do you catch a moonbeam ...." They customize it too and put in their names. For example What are we going to do about Luke, how are going to catch his drool?" The laugh and laugh" and sing another verse about someone else.
"And Patt shared stories about how their Mom, with Julie, Karen, and Susan and patient Stephen watched the movie over and over, singing all the parts. The kids like the stories about their Mom and her cousins and brother too.


I STILL love to watch that movie (I have the anniversary edition DVD) and I sing along too! And every time I watch it, I think about watching it with my sisters and Laura. When I found out that a friend of mine knew the real Maria von Trapp (her family has a cabin in Stowe, VT) and that she had given my friend a Christmas present one year, I had a full-blown freak out.
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet pictures of Patt and grandchildren - what a fun time you all are having. Hopefully her 'clock' will adjust quickly to Kvernan time. Lifting you all up in prayer for the next big event in the coming days.
ReplyDeleterobin & michael