-
See those yard signs, I've been putting them together, yeup, been spending some of my time as a volunteer with the Bob Etheridge for Governor Campaign. I don't know Bob himself well, but do know his son and daughter-in-law very well and like them very very much. They go to our church and I have known them for several years having been in a couple of bible studies with them.
One of my lease favorite parts of my volunteer work and what I have not done a lot of is "Hello, My name is Paul, I am a volunteer with the Etheridge for Governor Campaign calling to remind you that early voting has started and to ask for your consideration for Bob Etheridge for Governor". Name recognition is a big deal they tell us here at the campaign. Apparently people don't know squat. Seeing who has been elected recently I certainly would agree.
the primary is next Tuesday and we are not leading in the polls, so my volunteer services may be short lived on this particular campaign. I may get involved in another campaign when we return from our travels later this year. This election is important.
The computer program that does all that dialing and feeding you phone numbers is amazing. And tiring to sit there, just never hang up — a name and data pops up and there is the script, and boxes to click or check — I do not like it, that is why I was the sign specialist.
So why do they always call at dinner time?! I wouldn't like that job either!
ReplyDelete