Saturday, April 14, 2012

in case I did not think I was retired



Earlier this week I went to the annual Retired State Employees meeting/convention that was held in Cary.  Check out the photos.   We are talking a room full of old people.  We are talking gray hair if there was any.





See what I mean.  In the lobby there were there were booths that had things like hearing-aids, insurance, and a guy from Social Security Administration.  The swag was not so hot, a few pens, some letter openers, sewing kit, glasses cleaner, and hand-outs that made me think I sure hope someone is recycling.  No hats, KoozieZ, wine bottle openers or things of use.  

anyway I saw a few people I knew, had a pretty good chicken dinner — no desert — I think they figured we did not need the calories.  Oh,  and Iput the top down on the car when I got ready to leave.  The parking lot was a little  over-represented with Buicks and Toyotas.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you don't feel retired or have the retired look. Although, at least they had hair?! Love you!

    ReplyDelete