-
Somewhere there must be some more good photos. The following four are all I found from this event in the box of random photos that for some reason or another are in one shoe box. Here we have left to right, Stephen, Andrew, Laura, Mark, Julie, Eric, Karen, one of Eric and Barb's dogs, and Carey. Summer 81 is my guess.
Here the photo below it looks like one of the games in progress. the game had no real name but the essence was, avoid the water of the in-rushing wave. Of course eventually as play got bolder, and kids stayed closer and closer to waters edge, kids got wet, but that was the general idea of most any game played at the ocean back then.
Goodness but we had some wonderful times. And I should mention, that when there were other people on the beach, or when beach walkers came by, -- they stopped and looked. Our family had some very very attractive children that caused people to stop and look.-- We still do.




Those pictures are great! Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed seeing all of them. I love that another generation is enjoying doing the same thing at Long Beach.
ReplyDeleteWhat great times
ReplyDeleteMark
We certainly have been blessed with a wonderful family! I don't remember that trip but I do know the swim suit Julie has on was mine that I out grew and the dog was Buffy. Great dog.
ReplyDeleteLove looking at these pictures. Hope there are more!
ReplyDelete