Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baseball with the Mudcats

-



A couple of evenings ago I went to a baseball game to watch the Mudcats play.  The bleachers were somewhat full as the tickets were cheap.  The box seats were not so full and expensive too.  I sat in the bleachers when I sat.  Actually I walked around a lot and tired out different seats and different food.  I like ballpark food.

The actual game was not terribly interesting to follow.  The Mudcats came up to bat in the bottom of the first inning and promptly scored I think it was nine runs, several by home runs.  The opposition, whose catchy cute name escapes me now -- (the Birmingham Biscuits perhaps), was having an off night, especially in the pitching department.  I was even able to capture a hit -- see below.  In a future life, I just might be a sports photographer --

The opportunity to get Muddy the Mudcat's autograph was something I did not stand in line for.  This little kid and several dozens more complete with parents or older siblings made the line to long for me.
As it was a night game, that means my bedtime arrived prior to the end of the game.  This photo, taken from the parking lot as I was leaving -- I had the top down- and captures the smoke following another home run.  No the home run does not cause fires, just fireworks.  Really kinda nice.


2 comments:

  1. It's the Montgomery Biscuits and their mascot is awesome! It's a biscuit with arms and legs and a pat of butter for his tongue. Looks like a nice night though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pleasant evening.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete