Friday, March 18, 2011

not my vehicles in my driveway

But if I play my cards right -- who knows, I just may get one.

But which one ?

We are in the midst of several small renovation projects around the house.  We are talking several with a capital S.  This also includes cleaning our of closets, attic, corners in the garage and so on.  You would think my wife discovered that I was available for to do lists.  She printed out four pages on an excel worksheet with a capital W for work.

Anyway on Monday of this past week I had a guy working in the yard with me, and three contractors in the house on two separate projects.  Who calls, Patt that' who "How's it going?  she queries cheerily.  I "splain" there ain't no joy in Mudville this morning - as all three work units were asking me questions.

anyway we now have a painter in the house.-- see how nice and comfortable the house looks.  We are paying by the hour, so I am a helper -- gosh I love retirement.



That is the room I want to watch a little NCAA basketball in,-- "yah surh", as Laura's in-laws would say --only if you sorta sing it -- (you ought to hear Julianna and Lydia say it.  Luther and Jan taught them )  -- but I digress.

anyway back to the vehicles in the driveway.

we have two to chose from
Vehicle number one-- and unfancy pick up -- Chevy tricked out with ladder carrier and contractors tool box


vehicle number two.


oh and which one belongs to the painter, -- oh and number two--- it is a hoot.  Very large muffler, low to the ground and starts with a growl.   of the two if I had to, man it would be a tough choice.  which would YOU chose?

3 comments:

  1. Will likes the painters car! I would go for the truck although neither are very practical with 3 kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the second one has your name written all over it! If A. Patt ever makes you cut your 'convertible hair' you would have options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for the truck, then you can use the ladder for your gutter cleaning service.
    Bro Mark

    ReplyDelete