See that statute, that would be Hank Williams, country singer of Montgomery Alabama - which is where I have been this week. FYI,, brother Mark another country song is "Your cheatin' heart" Hank sang that and many many more. So Mark, now you know the name to two country songs. Hank is much celebrated in Montgomery - note below.
See there is the Hank Williams museum, with life sized cardboard cut out set out front. You know who went in. Cost was the equivalent of 100 Chinese RMB (not going to tell you exactly how much it cost), but I paid and went in to see Hank's actual 1952 Cadillac convertible. I paced that baby off and I think it is about 29 feet long. Talk about one fine car ! and Hank died in it too ! of course music was being played throughout the museum.-- and I enjoyed it- especially the old films that had June Carter - now she could sing.
Below is a 2 second film of Senator Shelby of Alabama, two friends of mine from Mississippi who were at the same meeting I was, and me. I met the good senator in a bar, yes, a bar and asked if we could have a group photo, well, I set the camera on video, not photo. (Pure accident- the evening was young). At any rate, I felt good about diverting him from getting out and pressing more Alabama voters for votes in two weeks.
The traditional view out my hotel window - that is the Alabama River. And by the way, we are getting more information on the proposed coal ash regulations from the EPA.




Having a grand time it sounds like! I bet it is warmer down there than up here. it's going to be 35 tonight!!
ReplyDeleteCountry music is better than blue grass, blue grass has 2 tunes Rocky Top and that other one!
ReplyDeleteMark
Ah, Senator Richard "I used to be a democrat but now I am a republican and I am against bank oversight because it violates the right to privacy because banks can best regulate themselves" Shelby is really the better senator from the Heart of Dixie state, the other being Jeff "mealy mouth" Sessions. Hard to imagine the honorable senator was in town for an EPA meeting, if the teabaggers saw him there there could be trouble, being in a bar the family value voters will give him heck, but, there is always a but, he has a lock on the "good old boy" vote by the look of those good old boys in the photo. Nice to visit Hank, know the words to "I'm So Lonesome I could Cry" yet?
ReplyDelete