There are some things I do not do much any more. Shoveling, pushing wheelbarrows, chopping stuff are examples of some of those things. Today I had some help on some projects here at 4307. James and Maddie were in town and on a high humidity - high temperature - high heat index day we had some sweat. and early too.
Having looked at the time and curious as to what time my helpers thought it was - and by extension, just how long they had been working, as I reminded them that we started about eight. I asked my helpers what time they thought it was. James opined that it was about 10:30 and Maddie figured it was later, like about 11. Well being as it was not quite 9:30, I was thinking I had some workers in need of encouragement.
So I said in my most encouraging tone, "well, lets get back to work" -- and we did. We were preparing to put in a stone wall- that will come tomorrow. I may actually do some pointing then too. So far I have kept that to a minimum.
In the later part of the day, my helper people worked on leveling up the pathway stones that wobbled or were being pushed out of line by roots.
I am so glad I have helper people.

Can Crissman men really keep the pointing to a minimum? I would also like a second opinion on the encouraging tone...as that is also un-Crissman like! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun was had by all!
-Susan
I agree with Susan!! Those helper people look like they are doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteBetter check their green cards. You might have to ship them back to Arizona.
ReplyDeleteWith all your helpful pointing, be careful not to pull a finger muscle. It looks like you have some good "helpers" this summer!
ReplyDeleteMy what adorable helper people you have!
ReplyDelete