Friday, May 7, 2010

oh what a beautiful day

One day I will have to show you a picture of my office, but till then, be aware that few people get to go to the back sides of landfills. and you know who is one of them -- (and byw lots of people have seen photos of offices) and few have seen landfills -- and I have been to the front, side and back side of most of them in the state. -- I try to go on pretty days - and normally am successful too, I may add.
just check out that sky, the clean air, well you do get over the the close up smell pretty quickly. (or I do anyway)-- one of our attorneys does not and I enjoyed taking her on these trips.
and one of the things we do is as rumored-- true-- we intentionally put them in the prettiest parts of the county.
see what I mean in this photo of new expansion of a landfill. Just think, sometime in the future, your - or your neighbors garbage is going into that newly constructed landfill - (got a better idea)(or one you want to get Americans to chose)-- we tried and did not get very far.
anyway, it keeps on coming- --that is a famous forest in the background of the photo below too.-- like on the other side of the fence.
photos from two different landfills - both small local government owned operations.

1 comment:

  1. The last picture showing the guy unloading a trailer reminded me of my childhood going with Dad to the "dump" to dump our 55 gallon barrels of burned trash. I seem to recall the city trash was burned also. There was a constant stream of smoke drifting through the woods along the banks of the Haw. (Another scenic location for a dump.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete