
On a beautiful September Saturday in North Carolina, Patt and I went to see Stanford University come to Winston-Salem for a football game. The sky, seen here in the pre-game jet fly over, (it was military appreciation day), indicates just how pretty the day was. Clear, not to hot, and a just plain pretty day.


Patt and I were joined by Floyd and Beverly (friends from our days at Wake) (in fact Floyd was an usher at our wedding) and we were just a few of the many who were tailgating - fried chicken - potato salad seemed to be the order of the day. A little early for BBQ. (Perhaps later - we have lots of home games this year)

Behind our car - a group was playing parking lot horseshoes or something and the ACC camera crew came and set up shop and filmed them for a while. You can see Floyd, Bev and Patt under the trees behind our car. As I said it was a pretty day and we were in a very nice place for a picnic.


The game of course begins with all sorts of bands, flags and jets flying over and it is a real spectacle. Wake started real slow and fell behind by a lot of points and the natives (that would include me) were restless. We do have nice seats, notice the view, also we are blessed by the guy in the red shirt, notice lower right corner - that sorry so and so follows me to all the games I go to. You who stay at home never ever see him. But rest assured those of us at the game. We do. We love him.


Notice the ball to the right of the referees, it is like a foot from the goal. the score is tied. Two seconds left, one more play. Wake has moved the ball down the field like we have all half. Do not know what coach said at halftime but he should have said it pre-game and saved me some anxiety. Anyway it was very very exciting to see us move the ball at the end of the game, not the other team, and we lined up and ....? ? ? ? .... we won... and the day was saved.

After the game, Patt and I went to the field house where Dad and Bernice enjoyed so many pre-game meals when not tailgating. The view of the stadium was just as nice as ever and the new Deacon Tower was a "towering" addition.

can't wait till next week
What a beautiful day! Will loved the picture of the "blue angels" flying by! Wish we could have enjoyed it with you guys. Love Julie
ReplyDeleteLove the blog! I'm jealous I couldn't attend the game but I'll be ready for another deacon victory this weekend against Elon. See you there!
ReplyDelete